The trip is over but the journey continues

After a hiatus to prep, pack and actually go on some adventures I am now back safe and sound with stories to tell and lots of thoughts to ponder.

This is not going to be a travelogue, documenting the step by step daily grind. Face it, that consisted of moving my feet and clocking miles ... not the most interesting stuff.

It's what happens to you and around you that is interesting to me, so as this blog continues it will not be linear in time but will instead be a collection of stories about assorted trips.

I hope you enjoy these tales, ranging from emotional lows to fleeting highs, dangerous moments and inspiring successes, people we met good and bad, and how the people interacted with each other and how I changed from all of the above.

How does this all add up and what happened? Read on ...

Monday, November 6, 2017

When your blog needs a Reboot

I am the worst blogger ever. 

I can easily blame my changes in jobs, extended trips (which are fodder for this very blog), trying to catch up on long-neglected housework, caring for the ferrets, or a hundred other distractions.  But that is disengenous, since every one of you has your own list of things that eat up your day. 

Considering the title of this blog and my long-term intentions, it is time to apply my own Reboot process to my writing and get serious about keeping Reboot, Select Adventure current, fun, topical and at the least:  updated!

You reboot your computer when you get stuck.  If nothing is working right and you can't get anything done, sooner or later you have to pull the plug and start over. 

I hate getting advice from people who have already made it where they need to be. What worked for them may not work for you or for me.  Cookie-cutter solutions sound good at first but applying someone else's plan to you life sounds like a recipe for disaster.  My goal with Reboot, Select Adventure is to inspire you to look at your life and see if you need to make changes. I am mid-stream in the process, arguably just beginning after so many years.  This way you get to see my successes, my failures, my ups, my downs, and generally walk alongside me as I make my journey.  Will I inspire?  Of course, even if I fail miserably you will still walk away with some ideas of what NOT to do! 

I have collected many great stories over the past years and I look forward to sharing them with you. My goal is to post every Wednesday a new adventure or a new insight or at least a pageful of words. 

Teases: 

Trail magic
Riding the Rollercoaster
Is any hike a "scrub hike"? 
Glamping
Hiking the neighborhood
And much more!

I am committed to using this change of life as an opportunity to continue rebooting my life ... and there is no doubt that I am heading towards some kind of adventure.  Please join me each week!







No comments:

Post a Comment